Over 55 Health and Diet!
At 57 years young over the years it’s been harder for me to be more committed to my health and diet. I created this online platform to hold myself accountable. Feel free to follow me on this journey by tuning in to my social media accounts, and post on this page.
My resources for trying to stay in shape physically and mentaly!
I’m trying supplements for the first time in my life, so we will see how it goes. As I head to my 60’s I’ve noticed a lack of energy overall, but extreme tiredness when I work out, drive a long distance, or I’m out in the sun. Not sure what the cause is, maybe just getting older, but addressing my energy is one of the first steps I’m taking. My research on creatine looks like it can help with my energy so I chose to try Thorne Creatine, it’s one of the leaders in the Creatine industry. You can see some of the benefits that the company Thorne promotes with its product below.
Creatine is an amino acid found mostly in your muscles and in the brain. It’s naturally produced in the body from other amino acids. Creatine is also found in foods like meats, eggs, and fish. It plays a vital role in the body’s production of cellular energy by helping to make ATP, a molecule needed for intense exercise, as well as supplying the energy to pump your heart and power your brain.*
- Muscle Performance: Promotes physical endurance, power output, and increased work capacity of muscle*
- Lean Body Mass: Enhances strength and promotes lean body mass*
- Cognition: Supports cognitive function and healthy body composition, especially in the aging population*
- Cellular Energy Production: Creatine helps the cells of the body more efficiently create energy, thus benefiting exercise capacity*
- Injury Prevention: Promotes a reduction in the frequency of dehydration, muscle cramps, and injuries to the muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons, and nerves*
- Nutritional Support: For individuals who have an increased dietary need, such as athletes, or for those who aren’t consuming enough creatine-containing foods in their normal diet*
- NSF Certified for Sport®
- A highly researched, micronized form of creatine monohydrate
- Colorless, no odor, and enhanced solubility
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.
MyFitnessPal is one of the best weight loss apps and fitness apps, helping nearly 1 million members reach their nutrition and fitness goals every year. Follow me on my fitness pal page, and if you join, or are already a member make sure to follow me, and I will follow you back and we can do this together!
I do plan to try out some thier workouts and recipes, I will post the results here!